Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Welcome to OCC - Ryan Artman

My name is Ryan Artman (ryar@ocean-coastal.com) and I currently reside in Medford, NJ.  As a new employee, I have been consistently searching for ways to extend my reach into and contribute to the OCC community.  So, when Ed Gorleski approached me with the idea of writing a blog post, I jumped at the opportunity. 

After graduating from The Richard Stockton College of New Jersey with a Bachelors of Science in Marine Biology I went to work for the NJ DEP; Bureau of Marine Fisheries.  This job appealed to my passion for working on and around the ocean.  I have always enjoyed the marine atmosphere and everything involved in it, so working for the Bureau of Marine Fisheries was a nice fit for me.

It wasn't long before I decided to pursue another passion of mine.  I had been involved in construction for many years, prior to and during my career with the NJDEP.  I started out framing homes in Ocean City, New Jersey, and had always felt comfortable and confident on the job site.  In an attempt to begin a career in construction, I started working as a project manager for Reilly Construction, Inc.  out of Trenton, NJ.

Finally, the opportunity presented itself to combine my two passions in one job, Ocean and Coastal Consultants.  Since arriving at OCC, the entire staff has been unbelievably supportive and welcoming.  I have enjoyed coming to work everyday, not only because of the people here, but also because of the challenges and diversity of the work load.  During the past two months, I have been involved with numerous projects, each one being entirely unique and affording me the possibility to grow as an employee and an individual.

My experience with GIS has proved to be invaluable, as it has turned out to be an effective and efficient way for me to assist with as many projects as possible.  I have always been passionate about the ocean and coastal living as well as construction, so for me, to be able to combine my passions with a career has been immensely rewarding. 

I look forward to many years of contributing to a company that has provided me the opportunity to enjoy what I do. 



No comments:

Post a Comment